Using optimized protocol conversion solutions to monitor energy usage.
A top priority for many of today's applications is providing more services with less energy consumption.
Because of this need, energy management software and SCADA systems are in wide use.
For newer trends, such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Industry 4.0, smart grids, etc., strong emphasis is placed on energy efficiency because of the benefits it brings to users.
Devices such as power meters, UPSs, ATS, and protection relays are essential to achieve satisfactory energy efficiency levels. Most of these devices support the Modbus protocol, which usually means Modbus RTU because of its simplicity and cost-effectiveness. However, since infrastructures are now Ethernet based, Modbus TCP must also be used. For this reason, many users turn to Modbus gateways, since the gateways can easily perform conversions between Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU..
MGate MB 3000 Series
- 1, 2, and 4-port standard serial-to-Ethernet Modbus gateways
- Modbus-serial-to-Modbus-TCP conversion in 3 easy steps
- Accessible by up to 256 TCP master connections
- 10x faster performance with active polling (MB3660)
- Protocol analyzer for quick troubleshooting